2 song cover mashup/medley

2 song cover mashup/medley

Posted 4 Dec 2019, 4:05:10

How should this be entered? The first 3 verses of “That I Would Be Good” by Alanis Morissette is sung with the chorus and outro of “Use Somebody” by Kings of Leon woven throughout the middle and then ends with the last verse of “That I Would Be Good”.

It's more a mashup then a medley, and not separate full songs so I don't think they should get their own entries like they are here (and the rest of the entries for that tour):
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kelly-clarkson/2009/fox-theatre-detroit-mi-6bd76ede.html

Is the best option to do: That I Would Be Good / Use Somebody @Info[That I Would Be Good outro]? Should there be some note that Use Somebody is a snippet and how?

If it's marked as a medley, there's no chance of adding @Cover to either of the songs? How should that be noted? Basically, I don't know how to mark this up to get all the info in and I don't feel like they should have separate line entries.

It was officially released as a recording several years later and titled “That I Would Be Good / Use Somebody”, should it just follow that? I still wouldn't know how to note that both songs are covers.
musicbrainz link to recording

The more I think I have this figured out, I read through the Guidelines again and then get more confused on this one.

Re: 2 song cover mashup/medley

Posted 4 Dec 2019, 4:50:59

How about this?

That I Would Be Good / Use Somebody @Info[Alainis Morissette / Kings of Leon mashup, w/ That I Would Be Good outro]

Re: 2 song cover mashup/medley

Posted 4 Dec 2019, 7:24:14

That actually looks about as good as it can get. It's a great way to get all that info in there. Thanks!

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.